Thinking of Buying a Home?
We believe in transparency, integrity, community, collaboration, and having some fun in the process. Buying a home is a big decision, and we want you, the buyer, to have the knowledge and resources available to you so that you will have a smooth, uncomplicated, and rewarding experience. When you’re ready to work with us, please review the information below carefully and complete the following homework:
What we need you to do now:
- First, Complete the Ready to Buy? questionnaire if you haven’t already done so. We will reach out to you using your preferred contact method within 24 hours after submitting.
- Find a mortgage broker / lender. We recommend that you compare at least two lenders to see who will give you the best terms and rates. A list of our preferred lenders can be found on our Real Estate Resources page.
- Review the Affiliated Business Arrangement Disclosure, Broker Buyer Disclosure and Wiring Fraud Advisory Notice. You do not need to sign them now, you will receive these documents for electronic signature when we are ready to make an offer on a property.
- Review the AS-IS Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase so that you are familiar with the contract when it is time to make an offer.
- Review the Estimated Closing Costs
- Interview and hire a Home Inspector. Generally, home inspections cost between $250-$600, depending on the type and size of the home. Our recommendations can be found on our Real Estate Resources page.
- Complete the Buyer Contacts form, listing the lender, home inspector, and insurance provider you have chosen. After submitting, you will receive a copy of the form for your records.
- Send us a copy of your pre-approval letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decide whether you want a home warranty and if so, if this is something you are willing to purchase or would like us to try to negotiate during the negotiation process. Information from our preferred vendor can be found within this America’s Preferred Home Warranty Brochure. Their base price for a single family home is $465, with a $100 deductible.
- Download our mobile app and accept our portal invitation (you will receive this in a separate email) if you haven’t already done so. This will allow you to search for properties, view updates, and if you’re out and about and see a For Sale Sign, you can pull it up on the app to see the price and interior photos.
- Review the Buyer’s Road Map to familiarize yourself with the home buying process from beginning to end.